Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

800/600 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldfused

Technical User
Jan 27, 2001
US
i need someone at this resolution to check for me and see if the text is blurry..i don't get it the movie is designed at 800/600px..if i view it at this res the text is all blurry..if i view it at 1024/768 which is what i set my monitor to the text is fine..wil someone take a lookfor me and relay what they see..

e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

at the bottom right above the revolving E, the text is blurry there. i have a 20in monitor, so i should be able to read it if it were not blurry like you were saying.

is that at 800/600..and if so how about the buttons are they blurry as well..

guys any one else with a smaller monitor?.
e.gif

i am at work now, on a 17in monitor. i think the endangered text at bottom right needs to be enlarged. you can faintly read it, if you try to. yes, on both monitors 800x600. i like the way it opens up, the colors and by the way, the sphere looks more blurred than it should be. may have been while making the pic smaller in file size???

thanks natedeia i appreciate you taking another look..i don't know if i can enlarge that text any more..maybe i will just take it off..will have to think on that..and the sphere is just that way because i saved as index color in photoshop at a low res to cut the file size down..that will be covered with text when i'm done so that won't matter much..have alot more to do , just working out all the bugs as i go..

thanks
e.gif

Hi there,

I too have a 17" monitor, and it looks good to me on both settings, albeit a little blurry on 800x600, but unless you're a complete perfectionist I wouldn't change it. I had no trouble reading what it said. Just my opinion, good luck with it. :)

Adam

man, i thought i logged into this forum alot! you have over a thousand since Jan.!

yeh nat i am always interested in what goes on in here and what is being talked about..i guess i have learned alot since then as well..my birthday is coming soon and i am getting the flash bible and java for dummies(note the dummie part)and a couple other good books so i guess i will be reading more of those for a while..spending less time in here..but this place is good man..especially when you have dave,old,nick and others(you as well)that have tons of knowledge that they don't mind sharing with a newbie like me..plus the more you log in the more you read the more you learn..anyway i'm babbling..

and yes adam i am unfortunatly a perfectionist..it is a sickness that i live with everyday..no matter how hard i try i will not be able to leave that text like that knowing that somewhere someone is seing blurred text..but then again i might..i have seen alot of nice sites out there..change the res and they becom nightmares, so i guess you can't be perfect about everything..
e.gif

i would suggest not getting the Java for Dummies. i have it and did not learn a darn thing. i started my web site interest by purchasing HTML for Dummies and that was good for that, but really, i would suggest not getting the Java for Dummies. An extra ten bucks should get you a better book. just my opinion, but yea, i used to hang out in this other forum and i get much better advise here, plus i can give it here more often here too. later!

by the way, i myself am getting the Flash 5 book too and until then i seem to manage with Flash. But can you tell me how to make an e-mail link in Flash. I can't seem to find out how, without going into the HTML. thanks

on (release) {
getURL ("mailto:virtuality2001@aol.com");
}

just change the address to the appropriate one you are linking to..

e.gif

i should have known. someone else will read this and say 'ohhhh yea, that's the ticket!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back