Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8-party conference card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

steph4pbx

Programmer
Mar 25, 2003
CA
I have a NEAX 2400 IPX with an 8-Party Conference card (PA-CFTB). this often makes calls to another switch which is a NEAX 2400 MMG over a CCIS connection. When you call parties over the CCIS (using station numbers) and then transfer them into the conference card on the IPX (let's say 1-5 people) and then you yourself get in the conference on the IPX side - they can all hear your voice, but you can't hear any of them and they can't hear each other either (they're on the MMG side).
I have looked through the manuals and it doesn't say that the above is supposed to occur - but it just says that the parties you want in the conference are supposed to call you and then you transfer them in to the conference ports. It does work this way and this above scenario doesn't happen if THEY call IN to you. I don't understand why it doesn't work, just because you make the call out to them and then transfer them back in. The only problem is that this is a bit stupid, expecially if you have a conference call to do in a hurry and you have to first call everyone and then tell them to call you back and then transfer them! Argh.
If anyone has any ideas for me, let me know as I am trying to handle this as it doesn't make sense that something so simple wouldn't work!

Is it some sort of restriction? Service Feature Class index I don't know about? Any ideas...??

Thanks!

We had the same trouble on our Conference Brige on a 2400IPX, and were only able to get it to work correctly by having the parties transferred into the bridge like you mentioned (seemed stupid to me as well but it works).

We usually have them call into the receptionist or one of the assistants who transfers the callers into the conference. If you have figured out how to get around this, please let me know.

Thanks and I figured as much. I have a new question on a similar subject - if you've got any ideas...
When you are in a 3-party conference by using the Private Release function (i.e. press the line appearance on several phones to enter the same call - and then once the 4th party enters the call it moves it onto the 8-party conference card - on a 2400 IPX is does this transaction pretty fast, but on another 2400 MMG I have it is noticably slower and a distraction to the users. Any comments or suggestions on how to speed this up - besides the fact that the 2400 MMG is obviously slower due to the processor compared to the IPX - maybe later firmware on the card, something to get the processor moving faster - I am just looking for any other immediate fix - as we are already moving forward to upgrade the switch, but trying to deal with this in the meantime.

I haven't found a way to get around this other earlier issue yet - but will let you know if I have a brainstorm!

Steph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back