Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8.6 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

freaktechnique

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2003
US
Hey all,

I have backup exec 8.6 running with several Exchange 5.5 servers. All are running Nt4.0sp6a and Exchange is running sp4. I have 6 Exchange servers backing up fine and 1 that refuses to backup. It gets about 40% through and freezes, it doesn't fail, but the MB/s drops to about 75 and the Byte Count freezes at the same point everytime.

When I cancel it it doesn't do anything and I need to reboot the BE server to free it up. Yesterday I ran isinteg, reinstalled sp6a and then removed remote agent and reinstalled it.
Now rather than just freezing at the same point I also get a Dr. Watson error stating, "An Application Error has occurred and an application error log is being generated. beremote.exe Exception: Access Violation (0xc0000005) Address 0xc6fcf268e

An idea what is going on here and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

I don't want to say this but REG hack after you uninstall the agent. Go into the registry anything with veritas remove it. It will take some time but it should work. Your uninstall did not remove all components of the agent, so you have to manually remove all the items.
The go ahead an reinstall the agent as usual and it should be ok.
This is my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back