Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8.6 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

freaktechnique

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2003
US
Hey all,

I have backup exec 8.6 running with several Exchange 5.5 servers. All are running Nt4.0sp6a and Exchange is running sp4. I have 6 Exchange servers backing up fine and 1 that refuses to backup. It gets about 40% through and freezes, it doesn't fail, but the MB/s drops to about 75 and the Byte Count freezes at the same point everytime.

When I cancel it it doesn't do anything and I need to reboot the BE server to free it up. Yesterday I ran isinteg, reinstalled sp6a and then removed remote agent and reinstalled it.
Now rather than just freezing at the same point I also get a Dr. Watson error stating, "An Application Error has occurred and an application error log is being generated. beremote.exe Exception: Access Violation (0xc0000005) Address )xc6fcf268e

An idea what is going on here and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

I have the same problem same as you
if you have any news about it ,please update me
giladm@coresma.com

Ive just upgraded to Windows 2003 Server and Exchange Server 2003.
This error happens EVERY time I run it un-attended.
If I re-start the services then it seems OK one time only.
I'm running v9 with latest build 4454.

If I get any more info I'll post it up here.

Dear all
Well i find the problem
first read this article second i find the problem in cruption db
becuse its came from hard ware look like hard disk failer
to read and write.
before any one make opertion do a cold backup that mean
shut down all the services of exchange server and make backup folder mdbdata ,install again exchange server
with same computer name OU and Site.
shut sown the services of the new exchange and restore the folder mdbdata.

good look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back