Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8.1 sd card

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjwhite

Technical User
Dec 28, 2005
US
I bought a new ip office with 8.1 sd card and I was told I could down grade the control unit to 7.0 for the essential edition but when i do that i lose voice mail . I used a sd reader for the change and everything is working but voice mail when you call it it just drops off .

There is no essentials edition in r7. It was not introduced until r8.

Also, you should not be using an SD reader. You should reload 8.1 via manager. Make a test call (at least extension to extension, and be sure to answer the call).

Then remove r8.1 manager from your PC, install r7 and after installed on the PC, go into manager and choose upgrade. This will downgrade you to r7, but give you the ability to go back to 8.1 in the future.

Speaking of which, are you downgrading to r7 just because you did not get an essentials edition license?

Yes i have a t1 card and it does not work in basic mode.Also I need the call park feature, is there i way i can recreate the sd back to 8.1

Yes, put the card in your ad drive.
Open 8.1 manager, choose embedded file management and then "recreate sd card".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back