Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7961 Reboot...Loss in Network Connectivity with PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerrellG

MIS
May 15, 2008
US
If Call Manager is rebooted and you have your computer connected to your phone (7961) for network connectivity. Will you lose network connectivity until Call Manager is back up. We are running POE and the phones act as a switch for the PC. We recently had a hick up in our system and we are trying to find out why it happened. CM didn't go down but one of our B Channels dropped and for some reason we lost a lot of connectivity. Some users said the lights on their phones were flashing. I don't see anything saying the phones went into SRST mode so I'm assuming our WAN dropped which caused the PC to lose connectivity. So I'm wondering if the phone reboots as a result of CM rebooting would it cause the PC to lose connectivity? Is the phone simply acting as a pass though and will allow the computer Network access as long as the Network cable is plugged into the phone? Or is that connectivity loss while the phone is rebooting or switching to SRST?

Sorry for the long road to a question. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

The PC will only loose connectivity if the phone is power cycled (unplugged, switch port reset, POE switch powered down etc).
So if your PC's lost a network outage and not a call manager issue is more probable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back