Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7961 Automatically Rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerrellG

MIS
May 15, 2008
US
Some of our 7961 telephones are rebooting automatically. I've recieved several calls from users stating that there phones just reboot out of no where. I've changed network cables, used different ports on the switch and a new telephone jack....but they continue to have the same issue. Each user has stated that they were simply working and all of a sudden they noticed their phones rebooting. Any thoughts? Has this happened to anyone and if so what was the problem and the fix?

FYI
This problem doesn't effect an entire floor or section. It's always been a single user in a populated area. I say this to let you know that other users are on the same switch, vlan and area that the user with the problem is in...but they are not having the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back