Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7915 Exp module on 7965G phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2007
US
Good day! I can't get a 7915 expansion module to work on a 7965G phone. Everything seems to be programmed correctly but the exp module just shows the power is on by having all the line buttons lit and the display shows the Cisco logo. Thanks for any help.

Frank. City of Cape Coral, Florida

Thanks for the reply. I did add the 7915 module to the phone's programming and there's a line on butoon 7. I moved the 7915 to a phone that has a 7916 working on it and it won't work there either. We're thinking being the phone has a color display and the exp module doesn't they're not compatible for some reason (software)?

The 7915 should work fine with the 7965 (the fact it doesn't have a colour screen doesn't have an impact on it). To me it sounds like the firmware on the expansion module is out of date.

Are you using Callmanager or Callmanager Express? Do you have the 7915 phone load installed on your system?

Thanks for the information. Our Network Engineer is going to take a look at the firmware. We are using Call Manager and have many other 7915 phones in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back