Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7406e cordless

Status
Not open for further replies.

puss1946

Vendor
Jul 3, 2014
US
My customer has a nortel mics with an avaya 7403e cordless that goes dead as soon as it is taken off the charger. the hand set shows battery fully charged when in charger and the battery has been replaced. Has the handset gone bad.It has been working for a couple of years.

Thanks

....or the charger/power supply.

Suggest you test all 3 with a meter
Battery - to see if charged
Power Supply - to see if has the required voltage to the charging cradle
Charging Cradle - to see if has the required voltage from the pins

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I tried two fully charged batteries and neither one will activate the handset. When I place it in charger it will initialize but will turn off completely when removed form charger.

I had this problem when first working on the Avaya 3730 DECT phones. Having never installed one before, I couldn't figure out why a brand new phone out of the box wouldn't work when removed from the charger.

This was AFTER I had pulled out the small plastic sticker from the cover that covers the battery connectors.

It wasn't until a while later than a colleague broke silence and told me that you still had to connect up the battery onto the phone.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back