Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7406 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

larry312

Vendor
Sep 12, 2003
US
trying to use on 0x32 i have set password ok (111111). i have set security code ok (111111). i have set handset to base (handset 1). i have set dipswitch on base down for 1, up for 2&3. all i get is scanning... i am using working ext, it works fine with a 7324. any suggestions? product support at my company no longer available (vz)

For problems synchronizing with bay station (says scanning)
Please read through first.

1. Press the Options button. Side of handset
2. Press show button on the display
3. Press Next button until the display reads 4. Set S.S.code
4 Press change
5. Enter password: 000000
6. Press OK
7. Press 6 digits: 000000 (base station security code)
8. Press OK
9. Press Next button until the display reads 5. Send S.S code
10 Unplug base station and plug back in
11 Within 15 seconds hold down the OK button
12 It should say Sending/OK and you get a beep to confirm.
13 If confirming beep does not happen, repeat steps 10 through 12 to send again.

Hope that helps. Good Luck

hey LKev thanks for getting back so soon. i did all that & it still did not come up. only when i moved the dipswitch for the 3rd handset into the up position did it start working.

i meant to say only when i moved the dipswitch for the 3rd handset into the down position

if you use one base on the system - dip switches are down-up-down. I found that if you have multiple bases - be sure to seperate them. when I mounted them side by side (even though the spectrum was spread for banding by changing the second set of dip switches)we got interference.

i am not truly sold on this phoneset - any one else have an opinion?

I have to agree with you justa. I love nortel, but I am disappointed with the cordless phones. Not as reliable as their other products. Nothing to write home about.

i set these up in 2 of our c.o.'s. they seem to work ok from floor to floor but as soon as you step outside they break up. it comes in pretty handy though. i doubt they have over 250' range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back