Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

70-652 - Windows Server Virtualization, Configuring 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagy

Technical User
Sep 23, 2002
GB
Anyone out there who has done this exam and can pass on their experiences please?

I've been using the MS Elearning package for this exam as well as running up Hyper-V on a test box.

Paul
MCTS: Exchange 2007, Configuration
MCSA:2003
MCSE:2003
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator

If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?
Scott Adams

That's basically what I did as well and didn't have too many problems with the exam. I took the free eLearning on Hyper-V, and it wasn't as comprehensive as I would have liked. But I had also been working with it for almost a year too. Hopefully the paid eLearning is better.

Make sure that you are thoroughly familiar with each option of each configuration box in the Hyper-V console, what they do, and what the differences between settings are. Once you've learned how to do everything from there, learn how to do it via Powershell or the command line too (as appropriate).

I would also recommend that you become familiar with the Microsoft tools used to manage and monitor Hyper-V. Basically you will need to understand how to design, implement, support, and manage Hyper-V from beginning to end.

MCTS:System Center Virtual Machine Manager
MCSE:Security 2003

Hopefully the paid eLearning is better

Not really, it's not very comprehensive at all really and there has been no mention of using powershell/command line administration!!!!

Thanks

Paul
MCTS: Exchange 2007, Configuration
MCSA:2003
MCSE:2003

If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?
Scott Adams

Nice. And I mean that sarcastically. The one thing that I always found most confusing at first about Hyper-V was the networking options. Options are internal, external, or private. Which is which and when do you use them? The naming could be more clear.

MCTS:System Center Virtual Machine Manager
MCSE:Security 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back