Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

70-648 Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetworkTek

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2007
US
I took the 70-648 MCSA upgrade test today and failed the first portion of the exam. I must say it seemed quite a bit more difficult than the Server 2003 test. I passed both 290 and 291 with no problems. I felt like I was well prepared for the exam and have plenty of experience with 2008. I had used the Microsoft Press book along with it's practice test. The part that I know absolutely hurt me was Active Directory Certificate Services and I had several AD CS questions. I thought I was better prepared for it than I was. I was wondering for anyone who has taken this what study material they used. I know Microsoft Press books are good but is there anything else that I might use to go along with it? Thanks in advance.

Network+
Inet+
MCP
MCSA 2003
MCTS

I haven't taken that specific test, but I know that all the test for the new set of certificates are much harder than the old ones giving the certificates more meaning.

Denny
MVP
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)

My Blog

Yes they are much more challenging the Server 2003 test. The second portion of the test which is equivalent to the 70-642 I did fine on. The first portion killed me. I apparently need to learn more about AD CS. I thought I knew what I needed to know for the test but obviously not.

Network+
Inet+
MCP
MCSA 2003
MCTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back