Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

70-640 AD Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

aetius90887

Programmer
Sep 18, 2011
GB
Hi,

I had a question in the 70-640 which I wasnt sure about:

You have an AD integrated zone. A DNS record changes. What is the quickest way to replicate the changes?

The only answers I could remember are:

1. decrease the refresh interval for the SOA record.
2. use ad sites and services for force replication
3. something else
4. soemthing else

I chose option 2, however I'm not 100% sure. Anyone have any ideas?

Thx

Forcing replication would be the method that I would use. You shouldn't need to do this very often unless the IP addresses for your servers are changing very often, in which case you may want to look into static IPs for those servers.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)
MCM (SQL 2008)
MVP

My Site

Well, the question is a little ambiguous. In-site replication is generally pretty fast. I would think you'd only need to force replication if there was more than one site. In which case, as MrDenny mentioned, ADSS would be what I would do.

Do you have your Tek-Tips.com swag? I've got mine! Pick some up at
Stop by the new Tek-Tips group at LinkedIn.

Was that an actual exam question? Because posting actual exam questions (as opposed to general practice questions) can get people in trouble.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back