Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

70-445 - Any Advice Much Appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nassy

Programmer
Mar 27, 2003
GB
Hi

My query relates to the Microsoft 70-445 certification.

My understanding is that the 70-445 exam is far from easy (not surprisitng since SSIS, SSAS and SSRS are all fairly substantial bits of software). I have also been told that Data Mining makes up to 20% of the exam so although I would never use Data Mining in my role of a consultant (or shall I say very unlikely to use it) it is a must to be able to answer questions on this topic.

I was just wondering if anyone who has taken the exam recently (or recently-ish) could give me an idea of the sorts of things that you get questioned on? In particular any advice on subject areas that are given a disproportiate amount of attention in the exam would be very useful.

BTW I have used SSIS before on a few projects, have basic practical experience with SSRS but my knowledge of SSAS is very rusty indeed - so no recent practical experience.
However using the Toolkit, concetrating on the areas of the exam which are deemed most likely to come up and doing lots of practical exercises I am hoping to be able to pass the exam within 2 months

I would also mention that I have seen a few other posts on this topic mainly when the exam was still in the BETA phase but since this exam has a reputation as being particularly tricky to pass I am hoping for advice from recent takers of the exam... However any advice would be great - many in my company are newly certified and I am so scared of taking the exam and falling flat on my face! [purpleface]

Nassy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back