Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

70-298 ... Transcender vs TestKing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanze

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2001
NL
Hi,

Right now i'm studying for my 70-298 exam.
First i have read the whole MS Press Book.
After that, i started taking the 12 Transcender-cases, for which i scored around 65-70 ... not very good [mad]
Then i took a peek in the TestKing-pdf and hey, the cases looked quite familiar from what i learned from the Transcenders! Even better, i'm now at Case 5 and haven't seen a new case that wasn't covered in the Transcender!

BUT ...

The cases in the Transcender are far more difficult, far more questions per case and far better explanations for all the answers! Also (what's new...) some Q&A's @ TestKing are just wrong [thumbsdown]
For now, i can answer the TestKing-cases pretty easily and i had a hard time answering the Transcender-ones.

I think i will finish reading TK, than read the whole MS Press Book for topics i want to know a little more about and then re-take the Transcenders ... and after that i feel confident to take my 70-298 exam [smarty]

MCSE NT 4.0
MCSE 2003

Yanze said:
some Q&A's @ TestKing are just wrong

Yep, the material on Test King, and other braindumps that I've seen, is often inaccurate, and sometimes the answers are missing entirely.

Nothing prevents Microsoft from changing the questions or scenarios at their discretion, so learning the material, rather than just the answers would better prepare you for the exam.

In short, I'd stick with the Transcenders, and use the Readiness Review CD
(if you got one with your MS Press book).

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

I agree with you Wishdiak ... but i always read the TK before taking an exam!
I like to know what i can expect, what the questions will look like.
When you read 'through the lines' of the TK-pdf you know what kind of questions will be asked, and that makes me feel comfortabale.

Well, if i can make this Transcender with 90% i'm sure the exam will be pretty easy :)

MCSE NT 4.0
MCSE 2003

Yanze,

I see what you mean. I usually read through braindump questions both before and after I take an exam, but I certainly don't have any faith in the accuracy of the answers.

When in doubt about an answer, research is the best way to be sure.

BTW, I have 70-298 next after 70-294, so let me know how you find the exam.

Wishdiak

now, of course I never use TK but a little bird told me that the 70-296 test done last Saturday had only 3 questions from TKv38...

and considering there were 500 pages in that TK--as I have heard--it's easier to do it the right way...

Setnaffa is an MCSA-2k3 (working on MCSE-2k3) with a few other certs, too...

setnaffa,

That's harsh, only 3 questions out of 500 pages? I was let down in a big way by braindumps (the one time I foolishly relied on them) in a similar situation.

Did the "little bird" manage to pass anyway?

Wishdiak

what I heard was the second attempt after lots of practice at home received an 850... ;-)

Setnaffa is an MCSA-2k3 (working on MCSE-2k3) with a few other certs, too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back