Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

70-294 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth23

MIS
Dec 11, 2005
GB
Hey all,

I’m taking the 70-294 Exam in two weeks; I have covered my course material and now looking for some preparation tests, can anyone recommend any?

Also, any comments about previous experiences with the 70-294 exam will be good.

Cheers.

I would have a look at the Transcender exams, they were pretty close to the real thing and if you are getting decent scores with them then you should be fine with the real thing.

I found 294 to be about the easiest of the exams but that's just me.

SimonD.

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

Hi Simon,

I'm actually half way through the Transcender now as it happens... the Transcenders have always been good however they don't have the simulation or the 'work area' questions (come to think it, are there any simms in the 294)? so i might get hold of a selftest version or a testking....

But thanks for the response, fingers crossed.

ps. which did you find the most difficult?

ta

TBH I would steer clear of the Testking and that kind of thing, I have found that they often contain incorrect information and you're better off sticking with legitimate testing material.

SimonD.

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

Smooth23,

FWIW, I agree strongly with SimonDavies. I've seen friends rely on braindumps to pass, only to fail miserably because the braindumps had the wrong answers.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Hello again,

well i been pretty hard at study and now ready to take the exam, just need to find an exam slot on a saturday in london now, which can be tricky. I have one test centre i keep returning to because of it's great equipment, modern feel and relaxing environment, an plus i always pass there... i will post my result when i'm done.

wish me luck

Smooth23,

Break a leg, as they say. If you could post some of your exam experiences, it might help motivate me to take the 70-294 exam, which I've been putting off.

Wishdiak

Hey all,

Well I took the exam 70-294 today and failed, I got a 565 score, very disappointing. I got loads of questions on deploying software using group policy which knocked me a bit so I know where I need to sharpen up.

I have a free re-take and I plan to retake in two weeks.

Has anyone used TestKing? A couple guy’s in the waiting room at the test centre where saying how good there were. I’ve only ever used self test and Trancenders and my course material of course.

Anyway, any study tips or advice will be welcomed.

Hopefully I’ll snap up the pass next time.

Smooth23,

I'm sorry to hear that you failed, but you should be well prepared the next time around.

As far as TestKing, see my post above about braindumps. I'd stay away from them, based on past experience.

Wishdiak

Smooth23,

I scored a mere 565 on the exam myself. I knew I was in trouble early on when I started seeing questions that I wasn't confident about. Some of the deploying software questions seemed a bit squirrely. The simulations were somewhat confusing as well (IMO).

Have you retaken the exam yet? Any advice for the rest of us?

Wishdiak

Wishdiak,

Sorry to hear about 565.

I was scheduled to take the exam on the 25th but the exam wouldn’t start, I was there for an hour while they were trying to fix it but they couldn’t. so I’m scheduled in for this Saturday, 1st April.

Yeah, I was a bit thrown by the sims and the Q’s about software deployment. They were very confusing. so I been all over software deployment, I have focused my re-study on:

• Assigning and publishing software.
• Software restrictions policies.
• HASH, Path, Certificate and Zone rules for allowing specific programs wo
run within a restricted environment.
• Planning and Implementing Group Policy
• Managing and Maintaining Group Policy

I feel pretty confident with:
• Placing GC’s
• When to use Universal membership caching (although your post about the
testKing Q was messed up, I agree with you 100%).
• Planning and Implementing an Active Directory Infrastructure
• Managing and Maintaining an Active Directory Infrastructure
• Planning and Implementing User, Computer, and Group Strategies

I have been using ‘SelfTest Software’ and ‘Transenders’, what are the TestKings like?

I will keep you informed of any findings and I will post my experience after my exam this Saturday.

Smooth23 said:
I have been using ‘SelfTest Software’ and ‘Transenders’, what are the TestKings like?

TestKing is a PDF (300+ pages for the version that I have) of alleged real questions from people who have taken the exam. I haven't found a missing answer yet, but after only the 4th question, I strongly disagree with their answer on one of them.

TestKing also can't prepare you for any simulation questions, which I found somewhat confusing on the exam.

I only checked it out since I needed some additional study material after failing this exam, but I don't put much faith in their accuracy.

Wishdiak

well I failed the exam again, i got 619. Simulations where confusing and i found the information in some of the sims where very finiky, i wasn't 100% sure of what the questions objectives were.

i'm going to check out the Testking material and rebook the exam for next week.

Jesus - what are MS testing us on? Our ability to understand vague & convoluted English?

Well i'm retaking this exam this morning,

Will post my results later on.

wish me luck.

Passed, finaly, with a score of 850.

onto 70-291, i best sharpen up on DNS.

Smooth23,

Congratulations!

I found the 70-291 exam a little more difficult than 70-290, but with adequate preparation, you can pass it the first time.

Wishdiak

Wishdiak

Thanks, How did you get on with the 294?

In a funny kind of way, i'm looking forward to the 291 prep, i guess after studying so long for the 294, it'll be a nice change, plus i quite enjoy the DNS and DHCP stuff.

Thanks for the post buddy.

Smooth23,

Let's just say my timing was off. I scheduled the 70-294 for a week that was too hectic, and I had to rush to get to the exam.

I failed with around a 560, but I'll get it the next time.

Wishdiak

Yeah i know what you mean, i was having trouble with the miss's on my second attempt - completely knocked my focus.

Good luck for next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back