Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

70-291 any advice would help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdk25

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2005
US
i just passed my 70-290 test and i think it was a hard test. i am now going to take 291 how do they compare in difficulty? any advice for the 291?

Well I failed 291 the first time (luckily I used the free restit at the beginning of the month to pass it.
From what I read before I sat it, it's the hardest of the 4 core exams (290, 291, 293, 294).
What I found was that unlike 291 which has a load of different topics, 291 has only a few topics but you need to understand them in detail.
Before you can even think about sitting the exam you must know DNS inside out, know RRAS inside out and be able to subnet.
I didn't have many difficult questions relating to custom subnetting, but I did have a load of questions, where I had to spot why networks couldn't communicate etc (default gateway / subnet was wrong).

Good luck!

Paul Thomas
Network+ - Passed
70-210 - Passed
70-290 - Passed
70-291 - Passed
70-293 - Working towards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back