Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7 digit to 10 digit dialing using NCOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2019
SA
Hello Guys. I know my question is easy for you on our legacy NORTEL Option 81c PABX.
Our TELCO now requires 10 digit to dial outside 9-011-2553333 from 7 digit dialing 9-2553333.We use NCOS 3 for this local dial on 7 digits and we have a local call route. We have a route in which we can dial national calls 11 digit and international calls 15 digit with no problem at NCOS 6. We use access code 9 for both NCOS 3 & NCOS 6. When my extension is NCOS 3 I cannot dial the 10 digit. The phone goes back to dial tone. How can I dial the 10 digit local call in NCOS 3. it only allow 7 digit dialing.
thanks in advance.

depends how its barred if its just in FCR and if NCTL is default and maps NCOS 3 to FRL 3 and the RDB FRL 3 to FCR 3 then in LD 49 you would add the local area code to FCR 3. Try Printing FCR 3 to see how its set.

The other way is 9 is likely AC1 so look at local NPA in LD 90 to get the RLI, check that RLI and likely it has a minimum FRL set against it higher than 3. You would probably just create a new RLI using same setup as the other RLI just reducing the FRL to 3, and then in LD 90 change the local area code NPA to the new RLI.

Hi bignose sir. thank you for your advised. for clear pic as below please:
Route 10 - TGAR 13 - NCOS 6 - access 9 - national/local call no problem at 9-011-492XXXX or 9-012+7 digits & 9-013+ 7 digits. assigned only on selected extensions.
Route 20 - TGAR 13 - NCOS 3 - access 9 - local call only. 7 digit no issues at 9-492XXXX. TELCO now require to dial 10 digit. issue now on dialing 10 digit at 9-011-492XXXX. I allowed 0 in NCOS 3 LD 49. But still I cannot dial the 10 digit.
the phone revert back to dial tone when I dial the 10 digit. When I dial the 7 digit, i hear message from TELCO saying that they change to 10 digit. The same issue as NCOS 1, NCOS 2, NCOS 4. thank you

Hi Bignose,
in LD 90, NPA is not define. in CRNO 3 INIT is ALOW. DENY is 71,73 & 75.
thank you in advance

what country is this for as to my mind 011 is the international access code in the US not an area code?

To give us a starting point in LD 20 print the DNB for 9, I am guessing its defined in LD 86 ESN as AC1 or AC2 but barring kind on works like:

NCOS defined on Phone
LD 87 prt/0/nctl/ncos number - see defined FRL
LD 21 prt/rdb/route number - see FRL prompts tell you FRL to FCR (LD 49 tells you what the FCR does)

Also say 9 is AC1 in LD 86 prt/0/esn you would see it there, then in LD 90 you could do prt/0/net/sum and this would tell you how many codes and of what type were configured, and as Firebird says they might be SPN

If they are SPN and 9 is the AC1 in LD90 prt/0/net/ac1/spn and see all the defined SPN and find the one that best matches your number. This points to an RLI in LD86 prt/0/rlb/rli number this will tell you the route, the DMI, and may have an FRL set which your FRL gained earlier in NCTL for NCOS to FRL needs to be higher. print the DMI in LD 86 also prt/0/dgt/dmi number and it tells you what it does to the number before it sends it

Guys Thanks
@ firebird - yes we are using SPN. NXX and NPA are not allowed to be configured with a leading 0
@ bignose21 - country is KSA. local codes are 011,012,013 followed by the 7 digit.
DNB for 9 is AC1. if a phone is defined as Tgar 13,NCOS 6, TLD the call is directed to a TELCO E1 R2MFC which is working fine and can dial access code 011, 012 & 013 + 7 digit of course using access code as 9.
If a phone is define as TGAR 13, NCOS 3, TLD it must go to the TELCO analogue CO trunk. When I dial 9 011+7 digit, there is no termination when i track the extension. But when i dial the old 7 digit which is 9 423XXXX, there is termination and it is going on the correct TELCO COT but i cannot complete the call and the TELCO message says i must dial the new 10 digit with area code. I allowed 0 in CRNO 3 in LD 49. I did some changes on the extension CLS and even assign a different TARG on the TELCO analogue trunk and change the extension COS but still no joy. The call is still not leaving the Switch. Any suggestions please.
thanks

If you prt SPN 011 it points to an RLI, print that RLI and post here

LD86
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT rlb
RLI xxx <-- number you got from the SPN

Hello Guys. Hope you are fine
@ firebird - I will try to run and check the attached file. TVM
@ bignose21. SPN below
FEAT NET
TRAN AC1
TYPE SPN
SPN

SPN 01
FLEN 0
INPL NO
RLI 30 >>>>>>>>>> TELCO E1 R2 route
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 05
FLEN 0
RLI 30
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 1
FLEN 0
RLI 15 >>>>>>>>>> TELCO analogue route
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 2
FLEN 0
RLI 15
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 3
FLEN 0
RLI 15
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 4
FLEN 0
RLI 15
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 5
FLEN 0
RLI 15
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 6
FLEN 0
RLI 15
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 7
FLEN 0
RLI 15
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 8
FLEN 0
RLI 15
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 9
FLEN 0
RLI 15
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

I guess I need to define SPN 011 and route on the same RLI 15?
Is this applicable even SPN 1 is already define?
thank you very much.

its up to you but changing SPN 01 to RLI 15 will send all 01xxxxx traffic that way. It really depends what you are looking to do, if you print RLI 30 I would expect that the FRL in the RLI is set higher than 3 so blocks users with NCOS 3. I see 2 options

option 1 to send calls via TELCO E1 R2 route look at RLI 15 and no doubt see that the FRL is blocking the call, create a new RLI say 16 that uses the same route and same DMI but has FRL between 0-2

then for example to allow 011 & 012
LD 90
REQ chg
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE spn

SPN 01
press enter till SDRR
SDRR arrn
ARRN 1
ARLI 16
ARRN 2
ARLI 16

option 2 route all 011 & 012 over Analogue route

REQ chg
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE spn

SPN 01
press enter till SDRR
SDRR arrn
ARRN 1
ARLI 15
ARRN 2
ARLI 15

Hi Bignose21. Thank you very much.
I should try your advised. For further information TELCO route E1 R2 is full access. Full facility for local and national calls. local call 011+7 digits & national call 012, 013 & 05+8 digits for mobile phones(05XXXXXXXX) That's why SPN 01 & 05 has RLI 30 going to TELCO R2MFC. Phone define as Tgar 13,NCOS 6. The TELCO Analogue has limited access to local calls only which is 011. It has no access to 012, 013 & 05.
I would like to retain SPN 01 & 05 as it is for national calls so configuration on phones will remain.
I would like to change only the SPN for local calls 011. So I may define phones who are only allowed local calls dialing the new 10 digit 011+7 digit.
Can I try your advised on ARRN?
thank you for your help. really appreciated

What do you get if you use AC2 for your SPN's?. It's odd that you don't have any SPN's that are "0" or "00" etc.

If you follow the guide in my last post and capture all the Networking data as requested, then we can figure out how your outgoing calls are routed.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Yes you can use ARRN to set a different RLI, so Like I say if you want to set 011 to the E1 R2 then add a new RLI in LD86 and set the FRL low, then against SPN 01 set ARRN 1 (digit(s) that follow the SPN) to route to your new RLI, if you just want to route 011 at the analogue route then SPN 01 and set ARRN 1 to RLI 15

@ bignose21 thank you very much. I need to try that configuration when I deploy to that particular Site and update you accordingly.
@ firebird thank you very much on the attachment utility.
regards

Guys @bignose21 & firebird Thank you very much for your guidance. The dialing sequence is now working. created a new SPN 011.
Regards[bigsmile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back