Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7-Digit dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

peoplestech

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2013
US
Can you program the Magix system for 7-digit dialing?

I've not tried 7 digit on Magix.
I know Legend could only do 4-digit.
Check the Legend 6.1 Network reference manual "Call Handling Scenario's"
(There's isn't a Network Reference for Magix that I remember .. If I'm wrong,
Please advise!! I'd love to get my hands on it too!)

It provides a method to deal with it if you networking it to a Prologix or Definity.

MrTelecom1
Re-Living the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya issues since 1979!

I assume you are talking about 7-digit local dialing? If so, the Magix controls that via ARS table 26. Table 25 is the Long distance table (10-digit dialing). If your service provider allows it, you can put your line pool into ARS table 26 and it will allow it. Some regions do not allow 7-digit dialing though. I am in Chicago and you have to dial 10-digits even if you are in the same area code. It is not an issue with the telephone system, that is how the network is set-up in Chicago.

This begs to determine what your attempting to "7-digit" dial ..

Is this for a networking purpose, or are you in an area like telecomboy mentions (Where they have "overlays" in the city and more than one area code in the same area) and you want your users to just be able to dial 7 digits for a local call?

MrTelecom1
Re-Living the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya issues since 1979!

Thanks for the post, I may have not made myself clear on the 7-digit dialing, We do 7-digit dialing internal and over our network. so my question is can the Avaya Merlin/Magix handel 7 digit extenisons on the pbx or can you do a dialing translation to except 7 digit extenisons.

Extensions are limited to 4 Digits.

However, I get the impression you are not dialing between systems on a MERLIN NETWORK. It sounds like you are dialing on a "Private" network of some type, right?

That being said, now we will need to know just how that Network is configured. If it's PRI there are some Dial Plan and Outgoing Call things that can be massaged to handle this.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back