Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7 bit encoding for attachments 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonze

MIS
Sep 12, 2002
US
I am having problems with sending attachments to certain outside networks. In some cases, the connection is intolerably slow.

This was pointed out by a user who works from home on their own PC over broadband. I verified when I tried to forward a test case to my own Yahoo account.

The problem seemed to start with the move of our entire organization to a different location (new switches, T-1, etc.).

I found a TID that said to turn on 7 bit encoding for attachments. I did this via ConsoleOne, and restarted GWIA. The problem seemed to be resolved.

My current problem is that ConsoleOne will not stay changed. Every night the relevant check-box gets turned off again. I also tried adding the /FORCE7BITOUT switch to GWIA.CFG, which does not work either.

I am running ConsoleOne 1.3.6e on XP. GroupWise is 6.5.4 running on NW 6.5.5 servers.

Any ideas what's going on?

The switches in the GWIA.CFG will overwrite whatever is in ConsoleOne.. But the change won't necessarily be reflected in ConsoleOne.

Just make sure you're loading the correct GWIA.CFG file and look at the Gwia startup log to make sure that it was loaded with the correct startup switch.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back