Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

7.5 XSL's

Status
Not open for further replies.

petperson

Programmer
Oct 2, 2002
US
I have an XSL that was customized to not display the rows and columns header for a graph. (7.2.3) Of course this won't work in 7.5 and I'm not an XSL guru to fix it. Does anyone know of a 7.5 XSL that does not display the rows/columns on graphs? I've tried the out-of-the-box XSL's in 7.5 but so far cannot find one.

thanks

rows / columns on a graph? Wouldn't this be controlled by the graphing editor?

Or did you mean rows / columns on a grid?

Chael

No, it's on a graph. The default.xsl displays two headers above the graph, rows and columns. It's wasted real estate especially when graphs are used on a dashboard. We had a custom xsl that removed them -of course this custom XSL won't work in 7.5. I've tried all of the out-of-the-box XSL's in 7.5 and none remove them. I've logged an enhancement request -but in the meantime this is going to cause many of our dashboards to run over to 2 pages.

I think the basic XSL in 7.5 is simple.xsl, but if you upgrade then I suppose default.xsl is still being retained...

I still don't fully understand the issue, but if you send me a screenshot I can figure out what the XSL is doing and help you come up with a new solution....

chaelboxforspam-tektips@yahoo.com

Chael,
I didn't realize there were other XSL's. I found simple.xsl in the tutorial folder along with 2 others. These XSL's will provide what I'm looking for. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I wish Tech Support could have done that!

P.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back