Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6X16 WITH STAR TALK MINI

Status
Not open for further replies.

telllman

Vendor
Feb 9, 2010
CA
New client call us to come and see issue with voicemail- We went in and their mini is gone...Its a 6x16 old Nortel DR 2-3.. Will a older flash work on this system like a 1.7 or so ??? The cabinet is a DS model ???

Client would rather not upgrade till mid next year ???

Are you sure it is a DR 2 or 3 and not a DR 5.x ? A flash from 1.36 and up will work on a 616 DS at DR 5.x ok. Text in 616 cabinet should be grey or green. Green denotes DS cabinet. Also check cartridge for DR level and DS function. Only pull cartridge powered down, but move fast, as memory capacitor could be tired and you could lose programming. The old Mini units had a hard drive that would be quite reliable until that one day it would not spin and then it bricks.

I will need to double check, but I kind of think that you have a higher than DR 3 unit as I did not think DR 3 on the 616 would support any voicemails-- 824 might have, but I do not recall 616 doing so at that level.

The last time I had a Mini die about 3 years ago on a 616 DR 5.1 DS, I was able to replace with a Flash 1.7 with no problems (have to do the reinstall process).

Will a older flash work on this system like a 1.7 or so ??? "
Only Flashtalk and Startalk are compatible....Flash might have issues but worth a shot, sometimes they work but sometimes something in it does not.

"The cabinet is a DS model ???"
We don't know as we cant see it, you need to look at the cabinet or software to see.

"Client would rather not upgrade till mid next year ???"
We don't know as we didn't hear it, you would need to verify with your client.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

MANY THANKS GUYS I WILL TRY YOUR SUGGESTIONS...

I HAVE A 1.5 WORKING ON IT CURRENTLY I TESTED IT AND ALL SEEMS TO WORK GOOD CLIENT IS DECIDING IF THEY WANT TO GET IT OR NOT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back