Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

69xx Multiple Branding Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBrummyOne

Systems Engineer
Jan 18, 2018
GB
Morning All,

I have had a good look around the Forum and Mitel's docs and can't seem to find this info anywhere.

Short story is we want to use Multiple Sets of Logo's and Wallpapers on 69xx phones on our system.

I am fine with making the files and uploading with the correct names / formats and they work fine, albeit at a system level.

The help file seems to indicate that you can upload multiple sets of Branding / Screensavers if you use a .cfg file. Then you can use Users and Devices form to select per user.

The main issue that i have is I can't find any information on how to create the .cfg file. I have looked through the documentation for the HTML developer Toolkit but it all appears to be more relevant to the 53xx phones. Unfortunately the 53xx Applications wasn't something I ever looked into so I'm a complete novice there.

Looking around I can see this never used to be an option but it was introduced in the later releases of MiVB 8.0. We are running 9.1 now so hopefully once I know how to package it all I can get it running.

Anyone have tips / pointers at all? Even if relevant to 53xx applications it may help.

Thanks, Paul

cant do it for 69 series
only difference is per phone type
all 6920 will use 6920 file , all 6930 use the 6930 branding file , all 6940 use the 6940 branding file

53xx series you create the spx files and then can assign per user ..
as seems to be typical with mitel lately , they brought out new things with less functionality.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Yeah I realised that was the case originally, I was hoping it had been changed by now. I'm tempted to try my luck on Tech Tracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back