Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

64xx support on 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdavis18

Vendor
Feb 19, 2013
US
Anyone know for sure if 64xx phones are will work on IPO 8.1? The 8.1 matrix show's "supported" up to 7.0 but not sure if that means they no longer will work or just that support has stopped.

"Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."
chart

64xx sets are not supported on 8.1 but will work if they are connected to a DS30 or DS16 expansion module. They will not work if you plug them into the IP500 control unit.

they work on the processor as well. Work like a charm, best phones Avaya ever had

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Oh no, Westi is getting all teary eyed over 64xx handsets again.....[cry]

"No problem monkey socks

I love them, I love them, I love them so much [heart]

pltst31_lo.jpg

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

And remember Westi - they love you too!

They do work on the base cards on 8.1.67. I tried last night when I woke up in a sweat about that (I had a salesman's suit on when I made that promise to a prospective customer). They might be the best basic phones Avaya/Lucent ever designed. They sound great and they work forever; well, so far, anyway. Well made and good looking.

Excuse me for a moment...while I shed a tear.

On Thursday we're installing a new system with one 1416 phone, two DBM32 modules and sixty brand new 6424D+ phones. And yes, they ARE beautiful!

I like them for the directory function. Our corp forced us to move from 64s to 4621s on our corp enterprise pbx. The first thing I missed was the directory function built into the menu.

You sentimental old cry babies :)
They are probably good ad I still see them once in a while.
But they are ugly and the new phones have a good directory build in too.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and sometimes only skin deep.
What makes me weep is when those good looking phones dont work or take hours to firmware upgrade or will turn into bricks if firmware upgraded. Not actually weep since I am sure that I do not have Low T. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back