Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6424D Voice Terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpowell

MIS
Jul 17, 2001
US
I recently purchased some 6424 terminals, but having trouble with the headsets. I've administered a headset button, but no dial tone. The button lights up, and the line light comes on. Any ideas?

You may have to adjust the slider on the side or bottom of the headsets. It's been a while since I've had to, but if memory serves it must be on 3. Just press the button and move the slider around until you hear dialtone.

Good Luck,
Steven J. Forcum Jr.

We had the same problem. You need a headset cord HIC-01; comcode 408122950; pec 3124-ic/a. The quick disconnect cord that plugs into the 500AM does not work when plugging directly into the 6424D+M. Of course, Avaya does not tell us that until the sucker us into buying the phone.

Let me pull the hook out of my mouth now.
Thanks for the info, I had called the Definity Helpline and they couldn't figure it out either.

You can use a standalone Plantronics amplifier with the regular cord plugged into the headset jack on the headset-module equipped 6424D+ phone. The slider switch should be on "5".

And if you want to use just a headset, you do have to use the HIC3124 cord ... it's about $24-$30. I have some users who feel the amplification of the built in amplifier is not enough, and we end up giving them a standalone amplifier in addition to the built-in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back