Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

642-821 BCRAN Exam. Difference from 640-505??

Status
Not open for further replies.

okanyilmaz

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2001
TR
I am going to take this exam on 4th March (on friday)

I've read the official course document.
Took Boson exams which were outdated.
and now reading the testking which is also for 640-505.

Can anyone give me last minute suggestions?
And also as i am studying on older course material, i wonder to know the difference between 821 and 505.

Any help will be much appreciated.

A.Okan KANYILMAZ

I found the Cisco Press book to be most help on this along with the Cram Session notes. Saying this I flunked the exam last week by 10 points. Theres some very vague questions in there which doesnt appear to be in any literature or even on the sylabus including: Eigrp Feasible distances and LEDs on a PRI controler card. Expect 2 labs on Frame Relay and modem configuration on a serial interface. As usual these sims are flawed like all the other I seem to have come across. Be sure to configure the FR subinterface as 's0/0.1 POINT-To-POINT' as it doesnt recognise s0/0.1 (states this is unreconised rather than incomplete, I wasted a lot of time on this, what should be simple, task). With regards to the modem config .. I was massively confused on this. I did all the necessary config including 'physical-layer async' and the necesaries on the line configuration but couldnt get it to work.

Good doc:

Be sure to cover IPSec, IKE, Queueing methods, DDR, FR and MLP.

Best of luck.

Cheers.

thank you for your response. i've passed the exam with 898. now i am planning to take the composite exam.

Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back