Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

642-801 BSCI - Just how much IS-IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

spotcheck

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2002
US
Hey all,

Not an avid poster, but have learned much from the discussions on here...many thanks.

For those who have taken the 642-801 exam, I'm curious as to how much IS-IS content is on the test. I've worked with RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, and even BGP a little, but am kinda overwhelmed with the amount of IS-IS detail in the Cisco Press book for this exam. The terminology and functionality of this protocol are completely different.

Is IS-IS really becoming popular enough to warrant this much attention on the exams? Guess I'll hafta' just buckle down and memorize it, huh.

Thanks in advance for replies/advice.

--doug

Hi, i've just taken it last month, around 5 questions related to IS-IS, all in multiple choice (not labs)

I have passed CCNP about month ago. They got me little surprised on IS-IS becuase questions I got were mostly theoretical on how IS-IS works, how IS-IS addressing works, and no IS-IS commands.

Peter Mesjar
CCNP, A+ certified
pmesjar@centrum.sk

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Thanks folks. The IS-IS theory I can handle. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back