Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

640x480 16 color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jun 24, 2004
US
this has been driving me CRAZY! The problem is that I'm not able to alter my settings in color management. I'm able to select a higher resolution like 256 and I press O.K so that the computer can restart and change the settings; but No MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I do this the settings will not change and I don't no what to DO! Please help me, if you can!

Download the drivers for your graphics display and install them. Or get them from the M/B manufacturer's site if graphins is integrated. May require a memory setting if integrated since the memory is shared in that application.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Is the display adapter able to handle higher resolutions and color choice? How about your Monitor?

I had that problem just recently with a machine I loaded Win95 on.

Regards,
MTGD

It could be that if you have an old graphics card that its not able to handle more colours on your selected resolution.

But it does sound more like a driver issue and as edfair says download the latest drivers for your card and install them.

i agree with the others, it looks like a driver issue. you have to know the name/type of your display adapter (display card or video card or whatever you may call it). if you still have its cd installer, use it first or install the driver from there. and if you have internet connection, go to the manufacturer's website and it's most likely they have an updated version of the driver for your display card. download it and install.

sure hope this will help. peace! [peace]

kilroy [trooper]
philippines

"Illegitimis non carborundum!"

I know how your feeling!
Open up your pc and have a look at your graphics card it should have its manufacturers name eg SIS etc and a number on it.
If you get on a friends pc (i know its a pain to read anything with poor resolution!)and go to driverguide.com,you'll be able to search for and download the correct driver from there.
Hope this works! (it did for me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back