Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6408D+ Speakerphone activates MUTE automatically 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

msc0tt

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2002
CA
We have a problem with three of our 6408D+ sets (total of nine on system). When pressing SPKR to activate speakerphone, these sets go into 1-way mode (the MUTE goes active with the SPKR). I've tried unpluging the sets with no change. The STATION settings clearly have the correct Type:6408D+, Speakerphone:2-way, and Mute Button Enabled?y settings. I swaped a problem 6408D+ with a non-problem 6408D+, and the problem followed the set. In every other regard, the sets operate perfectly. This problem surfaced about a month ago with all three sets, simultaneously. Even though it looks like the set has the problem, I'm not convinced.... Any similar experiences out there?

Not here. You may wish to try a forced download of set parameters (Refresh Terminal Parameters Access Code). Enter the code at the phone, followed by #. Hang up. All Call Appearances briefly light green. You can do this from another set too - enter the code followed by the extension - but you can't see the lights lite up - which is a sort of confirmation. If the set is active this will not work - it must be idle.

Busying and releasing the set may also work (more of the hammer approach). 64XX and 84XX Sets that have been set with specific speaker access will remember that until a download (which usually occurs after a TTI or port assignment via SAT).

You can check to see if it's "pending" by statusing the sets and checking "Download Status".

Finally, a solution that worked!! "Refresh Terminal Parameters" has fixed these sets!
-many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back