Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6408D+ on IPO 500 v2 release 7? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avayell

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2008
GR
Has anyone tried that? One of our customers would like to use some of his old devices with the 500 v2. Is it possible? In the product description i cannot see the 6408d+.

Thanks in advance.

This is from tech bulletin 133 (7.0)

2.12 Telephones Supported in IP Office Release 7.0
All telephones supported in IP Office 6.1 will also be supported in Release 7.0 with the exception of the 6400 series digital phones.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

So i guess i should downgrade it to 6.1 in order for them to work.

Not supported does not mean that they don't work but that is up to you to try.
Or do they not work?

BAZINGA!

I have done this for a customer. I had to install a DS 30 module because the DS 8 Cards in the IP500v2 control unit couldn't handle more than 14 6408's.

If you plugged the phones in one by one you could fill the cards on the three DS 8's with success but when you did a reboot only a fraction of them would come back on.

hope this helps
D

It's probably a simular issue to the 4400 series phones. Avaya told me those phones have the potential to use to much power on DS8 cards and drag the IPO down. They work on DS30's, but no support from Avaya. I ran an upgrade to R7 and my customers DSS 4450 lamps stopped working properly, so they are trying a 45 day soft console license and may get a 1416 w/32 buttom side module.

Both the 4400 and 6400 are pretty damn old now, upgrading to newer phones brings support and more features, the reason for buying the new system in the first place I imagine :)

Untitled-1.png

Yes, 6408d dose work with 7.05, as well as 6416, 6424. I had them working on DS16/DS30 on both 500, and 406v2. The 6402 is still blocked, and will not work. Should also be ok with 7.12

Avaya no longer supports 64xx on R7, so if You encounter any problems, Your on Your own.

Amriddle has a good point, these are old phones. Just show them 96xx, 95xx phones, and most People love them!

Andre

I love the old 6408 and 6416 phones, I use them in the lab on the new releases and at home at my old 4.2 on both without any trouble and the lab is emulating it all from CCR agents to basic users and in between.
They surely beat the 9508 phones that apparently have problems on the IPO and are temporarily taken out of sales, LOL
I alos don't like that you can't put just any feature on teh 95oo phones (Visual VOice for instance) because ti can be accessed via the Features option these buttons come up invalid, Yuck, Avaya wake up.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Westi, it is a button on the phone itself so no need to program it.
I think it is a good thing.
Also there is nothing wrong with the 9508 but with the 9608 :)

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back