Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

616 KSU non ds with ds software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spalmer114

Vendor
Nov 1, 2012
I have a customer on a very tight budget that will not buy a new (or newer) system. He found an old 616 (it had 1988 on it) that I believe is a non-ds unit. He wants to add voice mail to it. I know adding flash voice mail to a non-ds unit will be more of a pain than it's worth, but he is pressing hard for me to find a way to make it work. I am having a problem finding a DR5 non-ds cartridge, but I do have a DR5 DS cartridge that I can get a hold of for cheap. Will this even work or do I need a non-ds cartridge? Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Also, what is the best way to figure out if his cabinet is ds or not? Should it say ds somewhere?

You need a DS cabinet with DS sofwtare if you dont want issues.
Release DR5 or DR5.1

Minimum release of 6X16 (NT5B10CF Rls 02 E/F, NT5B10DF Rls 02 E/S), 6X16 DS (NT5B10CE Rls 04 E/F, NT5B10DE Rls 04 E/S)

When you do no use a DS cabinet you can expect call to be tied up by voice mail because the call did not disconnect.

DS= Disconnect Supervision.

*** NEW FORUM - E-Metrotel UCx ***

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thanks curlycord! Yeah, I've tried to explain the problem of no disconnect supervision to the customer, but he says he doesn't care, just wants voice mail. I will sell him the cartridge and the flash voice mail as long as he signs something stating I have told him of the issues he will have. I guess what I need to know, is if I put the DS cartridge in a non-ds KSU, will it work at all, even with the issues? I can't believe how much time I've put in to this tiny project, but it has somehow become a quest to find out if it will work! lol

When he starts getting 20 messages a day with the sound of phones being off hook then maybe he will get what you were trying to tell him. BTW if the writing inside the KSU is blue then it's a DS cabinet, if it's black writing then it's a NON DS and just to 2nd what has been said...yes both have to be either DS or NON DS you cannot mix and match.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

When he starts getting 20 messages a day with the sound of phones being off hook then maybe he will get what you were trying to tell him.

Or worse lines stay engaged on voice mail ports blocking new calls.

Marv ccna

If you get a DS Cart to come up in a NON DS Cab then you got lucky because it was not supported that way. The cartridge and the cabinet had to match in the 6x16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back