Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

616 DR5 Need messages to go to Gen Del only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrickb_1

Programmer
May 17, 2018
US
I don't work on these enough to remember where the problem is. Cust had all calls delayed to leave all messages in the general del mb. problem now is they go to ext 22 all the time. How can I set it to just go to GD?

General delivery is going to mailbox 10, usually assigned to first extension, which would be 21. Is extension 21 connected with a phone? If so, does it have lines appear and ring and is it call forwarded to voicemail. Lastly is mailbox 10 assigned to extension 21? Can you get into the voicemail (Ftr 983)?

I would guess this is Startalk Flash, though I still have startalk mini out there working.

Cust had all calls delayed to leave all messages"
Not sure what that means.
Do you have Auto Attendant answering lines and how many rings?

Lets presume no auto attendant, only mailboxes...

If you have sets with mailboxes, and all those sets are Appear AND Ring then there is a conflict.
In this case:
-The reception set 21 should have forward no answer set to a lesser ring count then the other sets so it can answer first.
-No ringing set should ever have Forward Busy programmed in Capabilities or the Forward feature used at the set (Feature 4)

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I spoke with the customer again (friend from church) and I'm not certain how they had it set up. After the lines ring a few times I believe callers could hear a greeting and be routed to an ext or dial 0 for gen del. Then they would check ext 21 for msgs. The problem their having is that after a few rings mailbox 22 answers and wants the caller to leave a msg. Side note: they say they have a greeting but computer lady answers and the only greeting I've gotten them to agree on is the gen del mb greeting. I still haven't had them tell me how the whole process flows. I do know that they are not using a CCR tree.

Auto Attendant is what can answer calls in place of a human with a greeting and CCR (if enabled) which gives single digit options to press such as for sales press 1.

Per above check ext 22:
"-No ringing set should ever have Forward Busy programmed in Capabilities or the Forward feature used at the set (Feature 4)"

and also I forgot to mention not using F984 (Forward to mailbox).

Please also update this post with your answer or a resolution:

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

In that case there would be ring no answer since General Delivery is defaulted to itself and not a set and Lines/AA = No
Unless maybe the Vmails DN takes on the same DN as it was before defaulting?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

If you're relying on a person, or worse persons, who doesn't know how telephone/VM's work to tell you what they think the problem is, then you will never resolve the issue. Time for a road trip.

Not sure if it defaulted. I know there are still mailboxes and the greeting is still in the gen del mb and at least one other mb.

Once upon a time...I had a customer record they Personal greeting and they thought it was the General greeting. Two identical greetings; two different mailboxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back