Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

600r CallPilot not booting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonetech2012

Vendor
May 18, 2012
US
We have a 600r that stopped working after a scheduled power down. We get no video, the hard drive light comes on quick when we power it up but goes out and stays out.Tried a new scsi harddrive but this one doesn't even flash on power up. We pulled out the 2 memory chips but that did not help. There is no beeping sounds at all either. Any ideas?
How does this replacement work? If we get a new server do we just pop in the scsi harddrive and all data moves over? We are going to try new memory first then I guess we'll try a new server after that..? Thanks.

Make sure either the SCSI Terminator is installed or you have something plugged into the SCSI connector or it won't boot up

Thanks for the reply. I actually just unplugged the tape drive and installed the scsi terminator, along with new memory, powered back up and same crap. Nic, ON and 0 flash green on power up and only Nic and ON stay lit. No video output still either. Uhg.
If I have to get a new 600r server, do I just swap out the scsi hard drive and security dongle and be done with it, if the hard drive is good?

Yep, just put the old drive in the new machine and dongle, click your heels 3 times, pray to your God and keep your fingers crossed it comes back up. You may need to run through Configuration Wizard after the fact.

That would be nice! I noticed that the power supply in the 600r has a amber/yellow light lit when powered on. I guess this is not getting full power. Maybe that is our issue? I am on my way to pick up another 600r and see what I get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back