Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6 x Zyxel P66OHW-61 with 2mb connections to 1 network??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nell1

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
GB
Hi All,

I am going to setup a Wifi network in a venue. Currently the venue has 6 seperate 2mb ADSL lines (each with static public IP) coming into the building each connected to a Zyxel P66OHW-61device. I am not familiar with Zyxel devices so excuse my ignorance.

I have a router with 6 WAN ports that I was planning on plugging the WAN feeds from the ADSL modems into, in a sense to bond the ADSL connetions to make one larger bandwidth network.

However these units appear to be routers not stand alone modems. Is it possible to switch the mode on these units to modem only so the feed can pass straight through to the router (like you can on some Dlink models)?

Otherwise will it be possible to combine these Zyxel modem/routers via my 6 WAN port router so that all end users still utilize one network?

Many thanks!

Nell1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back