Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6 gbps Raid controller card for SSD on 1366 Motherboard(64 bit Win 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOyvind

Technical User
Aug 10, 2007
NO
Hi

Experience with two Crucial C300 SSD`s on Marvell 6 Gbps Sata ports is poor(RAID 0).
Need a tested 6 Gbps Sata Raid controller card, suppporting Intel drivers(or another working model) for Asus 1366 Motheboard.
Any recommended card`s to a good price ?

Thank you,

Best regards

Oyvind

Pretty good place to search for them will be - you'll want to specify how many drives you need as well.

Also, why does it matter about the drivers? If you're using Onboard RAID, then it's the Intel drivers you have to deal with, but if you're wanting to buy a dedicated RAID controller card, then you need to deal with the drivers on any such given card. I don't think Intel makes any RAID controller cards, at least that I'm aware of.

Here's a review of 2 such RAID controllers, but you'll need to see if either of them will fit your needs, or else you can try searching their site for other such reviews.

And there are of course loads of hardware review sites out there. I'd do some searching, something like the following if it were me:

sata 6gb raid card review

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Sounds pretty good from a quick glance. Once you've installed and tested it, can you post back with the end results? Thanks

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back