Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6 Digit dialing to another office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2003
US
Hello All,
I am trying to set up a new office so they can dial another location by dialing a 2 digit code + the ext (82XXXX). I did this over 7 years ago on an Opt 81C. I've been transformed into a Cisco guy and haven't logged into the Nortel in quite a while. I sort of remember how to do this, I created a DMI with the inserted digits:
DMI 6
DEL 3
INST 1212521
CTYP NCHG

I then created the RLi I want to use:
RLI 9
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 1
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 0
DMI 0
FCI 0
CBQ NO

ISET 0
Then I draw a complete blank....What am I missing? What load do I need to go into next?

Thanks Gang!!

GHTROUT - I tried to go into LD 87 for CDP and got an ESN 124 error. I think that means the feature is not supported.

The 2 digit code im trying to set up get configured as an SPN right? I'm trying to configure 82 as an SPN and get the following:
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE spn

SPN 82

ESN073 (The number already exists)
But when I do a PRT of all of my SPN's 82 does not show
REQ PRT
CUST 0
FEAT NET
TRAN AC1
TYPE SPN

SPN

SPN 0
RLI 5
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 011
RLI 4
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 02
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 03
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 04
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 05
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 06
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 07
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 08
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 09
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 1800
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 1877
RLI 0
DENY 4441763
SDRR DENY CODES = 1
ITEI NONE
SPN 1888
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 411
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 555
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 812
RLI 6
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 813
RLI 7
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 899
RLI 7
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE
SPN 911
RLI 0
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

Is there another way to set up the 82 pilot? I also forgot to mention that the other side has a Cisco Call Manager. I dont think it matters though as there is no interaction between the 2 PBX's. All they want to do is to dial 82XXXX and let the rest of the number be inserted.

Sorry for rambling on...

Thanks

I would think twice about adding 82 as AC2. Once you configure AC2, you cannot remove it, you can only change it.

I don't think using 82 as AC2 will be helpful in your case.

In order to see what is currently conflicting with 81, print a DNB on 8 and see what the results are.

I am a little confused I see you are dialing 82 followed by the DN, what digits do you want to send out on Route 1 give me an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back