Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6.1 Upgrade - Invalid Number Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

royaltg

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2002
I just finished upgrading a MICS from NA-MICS-2.0 to NA-MICS-6.1 MR using the Norstar Upgrade Card. Prior to the upgrade the customer's standard T1 line for inbound and outbound calls worked fine. T1 channel was accessed by dialing 9 for Line Pool A. After the upgrade when 9 is pressed the system does not access a T1 channel from Pool A and when the next number is pressed the caller gets "Invalid Number", and can't make calls. Inbound calls and all other programming works fine. If I change the Line Pool Access Code to another number, I tried 7, they are able to make calls out by pressing 7. I then changed the access code back to 9 and the problem came back. Has anyone experienced this?

Sorry for the novel, but any help is appreciated.

Did you confirm that 9 was the access code for pool A, or did you assume it was. Perhaps 9 was a dest code that accessed pool A, and you need to rebuild it. By default 9 is using route 000, which may not work for your t-1.

I would check my programming. Sounds like, as bkrike said, that the default route was utilizing your outbound 9 service..

6.1 changed the line numbering also. Might want to confirm you have the correct lines programmed. If it's in the first slot, it shouldn't be affected.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I verified that before the upgrade "9" was programmed as Line Pool A access code, and after the upgrade the "9" was still programmed as the Line Pool code, but it didn't work. I changed the access code to "7" and it works. Then changed back to "9" and problem came back.

I also verified the Line numbers for the T1 have not changed. They are Lines 001 - 024. I even changed these lines to Pool B and set "9" as access code for Pool B and had the same problem.

Any other suggestions would be great.

back up using RAD and NRU , then default the system and see if the problem goes away ...
if so it is data corruption and you need to reprogram from scratch ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back