Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6.0 Voicemail not taking messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

canflyguy

Technical User
Jul 25, 2018
CA
Voicemail answers and plays appropriate greetings both for AA and mailboxes, but will not take messages from callers. When beep occurs, the voicemail immediately says "Your recording is too long, to replay your recording press 1, to erase and re-record press 2, etc". Tried turning off and then starting the voicemail with no difference. Then re-booted the system, again with no difference. Great just before the holidays!
Ideas or likely a site visit?

First thought is HD failing.

Do all mailboxes have this issue or just one?

I might do in order (but wait for others to chime in)

-In that Class Of Service change the "Max Message Length" to something else, save then change it back again and save again, test.

-Change a mailboxes COS to another #, test, if good change all other mailboxes to use the good COS #.

Load up to date patches

If you have a backup or willing to re-program:
-Go to Backup/Restore and select Restore, select Restore from: Factory Default, click Restore then Ok, de-select all except Callpilot Configuration.
-Once the factory restore is completed proceed with Restore form a backup you have (or program from fresh)

Make a backup then replace the hard drive, then restore.
If that does not work (in case it had restored a bug) then restore from factory default callpilot configuration then re-program from scratch.

Outta Ammo

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks Curlycord! I did try some of the things you suggested such as editing the message time. Changing class of service. Of course as mentioned earlier, the service shutdowns and reboot. Looks like I'm going for a drive. Unfortunately. Wanted today off. Christmas shopping and all.

Did a backup of the corrupted system and with restoring it on another system, I managed to get rid of the problem. The only thing was that I was selective on the restore only setting the voicemail config, messages, core telephony and ip telephony. That did solve the problem but had issues with the SIP trunk programming not being transferred. Gave up onsite and later tried to correct it by doing a full restore, which now corrupted my other system. In spite of cold restarts and re-install of voicemail, other system is now also corrupted. Even doing a full backup from another system does not fix it. I'm going to get a drive from a different system and then start over more carefully doing the basic voicemail config, messages, core telephony and ip telephony. Pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back