Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6.0 Extension Ghost Ringing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zettytwine

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2003
US
Hello

I have a Partner R6.0 with a Mail MS. One extenson (15) will ring for no apparent reason and will go to the extenion's voicemail. This triggers the outcalling and when the owner calls in there are no messages.

Also, the display read something about "Intercom" when the "ghost" calls come through.

I have already checked and this extension is NOT added to Group 7.

Anyone have any ideas about what I could look for?

Thanks

Hi zettytwine,
Do you have any "hot line" extensions set up with X15 as a target? Intercom autodial buttons may do this if they are "sticky" on a phone. You can install a display phone at X15 if there isn't one already. Watch it and see what the display says when it rings. You may need to do this for a while.
-Chris

Does someone else have outcalling set up to dial 1-5XX-XXX-XXXX, and forgot the 9* ?

Thanks for the reply.

Turns out someone tried to get their out calling to work without telling anyone.

All is well again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back