Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5610 sets randomly reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLguy1002

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2011
US
IP Office 500 V2 running R6.0.18 with a combination of 5610 sets and 1408 sets.

The digital sets work fine. Every so often, sometimes every few hours, sometimes not for over a day, a few phones (up to 10 at a time) will reset, go automatically to searching for DHCP, rediscover the system and reboot successfully.

Any ideas what could cause this behavior?

This is caused by a keep alive that did not get a response.
So it means that the network is not good.
Somewhere the keep alive is blocked.

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

I double checked with the IT manager, but all the ports the IP Office needs are open.

Additionally, I checked in the system monitor and there are no keep-alive errors. I do see H323Evt's that show "registration requests", but nothing like the other keep-alive issue threads in the form.

They look like this:

"H323Evt: Recv: RegistrationRequest 10.11.2.43; Endpoints registered: 257; Endpoints in registration: 0"

I'm not sure if that's even related, but if there's something else more diagnostically relevant I can paste out of the system monitor log, I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks for all your help.

Going through the log a little more, I see one message that seems particularly strange, if only because the same message appears multiple times in multiple font sizes, and some are bold, some are italic, and some are a combination:

95066458mS H323Tx: 6971 dst: 10.11.2.12:4027
H323 Pcol=08(Q931) Reflen=2 ref=0001(Local)
Message Type = Facility
EMPTY Forward LCP
EMPTY Reverse LCP

The message stays the same each time, except for the IP address/port, the 4 digit number after "H323Tx" and the timestamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back