Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5603 Dect - NO ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaJ

Vendor
Jun 23, 2010
ZA
Scenario: Client has a 3300 connected to a sip service provider via direct sip trunking. When using a 5603 DECT handset to dial any external number the call gets established but you never hear any ringing from the handset side. The other party's phone will ring but you wont get any ringing in your ear till that person picks up and starts talking.

This only happens on the DECT handsets and the other 5312 phones works 100%.

We discovered when dialing a # after the dialed number the ringing on your side returns.

any ideas?

Most SIP devices on the Mitel require # after the numbers dialed to initiate the call. There is a timer that kicks in if you don't hit # but default is something like 15 seconds. Either learn to dial # or shorten the timer. The timers minimum is something like 5 seconds which is not really optimal. I think the timer is in the SIP profile.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

You could try slecting the 'Force sending SDP in initial Invite message' in the SIP peer profile

You could also try setting the 'Inter-digit Timer' in the class of service of the SIP trunks to 3 secs (min) 10 secs (default) so that it sends the digits to line after 3 seconds.

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

One option not to try is the interdigit timer. The delay in the digits is on the Dect master side. I would change options in the SDP settings of the SIP phone profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back