Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5600 IP phones on R10.0 +

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlaurence

Programmer
Jan 18, 2008
US
I know documentation shows that 5600 IP phones are not supported on R10.0 and above, but we have several customers that have hundreds of 5600's deployed and the cost to replace them is scaring the customers away from software upgrades.

We've just tested one in-house (5610 running 2.9.1 firmware registering to IPO 500v2 R10.0.2 & R10.1.0) and the phone registered without any issues; calls were made, visual voicemail fully tested, call park, etc. as far as we could tell it is fully functional.

What's everyone's track record on using 5600 series IP phones with IP Office R10.x and above?

Cisco-CCNA; Avaya- ACSS

I have had a few so far and no issues.
They are not supported but they still work just like the 6408D+ phones.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

In Manager you get a warning about the 64xx phone not supported.
Do you get a similar message in 10.1 with the 56xx?

It's interesting that the 10.1 release notes do not have the "not supported" blurb for those phones as in 10.0 but show supported firmware versions. Did they actually listen to customers for a change or is it a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back