Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5550 IP Console Ringer stops working

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaJ

Vendor
Jun 23, 2010
ZA
Ok, Firstly- I've been doing Mitel support for more than 6 years now and have seen just about everything this system has to offer. I only turn to forums in extreme cases as our local Mitel support cant even find out what's causing this issue.

The issue: The ringer on the 5550 keypad itself stops working and the ringer icon greys out (see attached picture)
only the ringer icon greys out, the day/night and the operator absent/present stays as is and works fine.

To get the ringer to work again one has to reboot the keypad itself.
This happens randomly once or twice a day. We can find no pattern to the issue.

THINGS I'VE DONE SO FAR:

1.Replaced the physical keypad: With 3 different ones.
2.Installed the 5550 software on a different pc with windows xp sp3 opposed to the windows 7 pc it normally runs on.
3. replaced the network point and cable from the console to the switch .
4. Replaced the switch and patch cables used to the switch.
5.UPGRADED THE MITEL TO MCD5 and the 5550 console.

if anyone can advise something else I can still try.

Is it just the ringer that's turned off? | Yes just the audible ringer that stops working.

In other words if you stat it from the PBX is it out of service? | NO the keypad stays in service and can still make and receive calls (without being able to hear the ringer)

Have you tried to disable the power save setting on the NIC card?

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

i had an experience with this kind of issue before...i decided to change the speaker(non-mitel) inside the keypad and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back