Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5550 Console Drops Connection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunsNRoses

Technical User
Jun 29, 2005
US
I have a 5550 IP Console that keeps dropping it's connection to the 3300 ICP (ver. 7.1.4.9). The console software will "grey-out" all the options and the 5550 has to be power-cycled in order for it to re-connect to the 3300 ICP. I have replaced all cat5 cables and checked the port. I have also turned off the capability for the PC to turn off the NIC to conserve power consumption. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi,

Some Nic's of PC's didn't work properly with the LAN port on 5550IP keypad.

The are problems with duplex en speed.
The pc lost there lan connection to 5550IP keypad.

The best solution is to put the PC's NIC on a seperate lan port on the switch (data vlan) en put the 5550IP keypad on a (voice vlan) port.

Succes.

Double check your release notes and make sure you have the correct version of the 5500 software to correspond with the 3300 ICP release.

FRDO,

Are you saying to connect the PC to the LAN instead of connecting it directly to the 5550?

Hello,

Yes indeed,

We had some customers with the same problem where the pc was connected to the 5550IP keypad. (normal connection)

But some (new-model) NIC's of client PC's didn't work properly with the PC port on the 5550IP Keypad.

The best and simple solution is to connect the PC's NIC on a separate LAN-port.

Succes !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back