Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

550 Relaying denied error with groupwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckslinger

Technical User
Nov 15, 2004
US
I would like some help on how to setup Exceptions in the access control SMTP relay for GWIA I'm not 100% sure what the From and To fields are asking for, i have tried FRom email address and IP adrress but i dont know what to put in the TO portion to allow relaying from 1 external user to anyones email address? hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Puck

and if i turn on relaying i get the following error when that user sends out

The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following:

user@domainname.com (too many hops)

I know you can only specify hostnames and IP addresses in the From and To fields, not E-mail addresses. So I guess what you want isn't possible.

I am also having trouble with the SMTP Relay settings for the GWIA. It is now set to allow only inside relaying, the From and To fields are both the internal IP address of the GroupWise server. Now I need to allow 1 certain IP address where messages may be relayed to. But I can't get it to work. I keep getting '550 Relaying denied'.
When I set the SMTP Relay Defaults to "allow message relaying" then it works. But this I don't want.

Anyone any experience with allowing relaying exceptions within GroupWise? Any help would be much appreciated.

Rgds,

Martijn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back