Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

550 host unknown error

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmckinnon

MIS
Oct 4, 1999
US
I am using GW 5.2.5. my users are having problems sending email through the GWIA. the &quot;SENT&quot; status shows transferred, and then they get a message back stating the message did not get sent due to a '550 host unknown' error. this does not happen with every message sent, nor does it matter whether the message is a newly created message or a &quot;reply to sender&quot; type situation. I have tried everything NOVELL has listed on their support page that would even remotely appear to be connected with this, and a few that were very very remote. I might add that I just started working here about 2 months ago and it has been doing this all the time I have been here. The guy who was handling the network before was gone before I got here and I don't even know who actually set up the GroupWise/GWIA or if they knew what they were doing when they did. I have my CNA but my administrative experience with GroupWise is honestly some what limited, so frankly I'm kinda poking around in the dark on this one. any help would be appreciated.<br>
thanks

Hmm, This message from GWIA generally pops up because GWIA was unable to obtain a dns record for the destination. So the first few questions are: Where and what is the DNS Groupwise is using for resolution. When those people send out messages is it to domains that exist? If the domains do exists does this always happen to just a few different domains or is it random in it's choice on what it resolves and what it doesn't. This type of problem is typically a problem with the DNS and not GWIA. <p>Jim Collin<br><a href=mailto:Jim@collin.cc>Jim@collin.cc</a><br><a href= Technologies</a><br>Consumer Technology Integration<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back