Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

54xx series phones having issues after upgrade to 8.0.42

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevykevg

Technical User
Jun 5, 2006
US
Has anyone else had an issue with 54xx series phones after upgrading to 8.0.42 where the phones show System Incompatible on the phones after a reboot of the phone system. If you unplug and plug them back in the phones come back fine. I have checked the firmware release on the phones and they have the most recent firmware (6.0).

I noticed that on a system I was programming the other day. It only happened when the phone was connected to an expansion module, not to a combo card, and not with 9508s. I thought it was a fluke and I wasn't concerned as the 5410 was a phone I was using for some testing.

I just tried it again and sure enough, "SYSTEM INCOMPATIBILITY" appears on a 5410 connected to an expansion module. Unplugging the phone and reconnecting it resolves the problem. The 9508's/9504's on the same expansion work fine.

Looks like time for someone to open a ticket with Avaya.

We only have one connected at the moment on a DS8.
But it is good to know this.
What happens when you reboot the module?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Good thing I don't box this up for a couple more hours. :)

The phone works fine if the control unit and modules are cold started. Rebooting only the control unit causes the "system incompatibility" message on both expansion 1 and expansion 2, but not the combo card. If I reboot the module, the phone comes back normal.

Only appears to affect the 5410 when just the control unit is rebooted. I don't have any 5420s handy though to see if it affects those also.

Another thing I have noticed with R8 manager is using it to create a new user and then allowing it to create the H323 extn for you results in the phone not being able to log in as it says password error even if there isn't one set, adding one/changing it doesn't work either, you need to delete the extn merge then manually add it back and then the phone can login fIne. It isn't the system firmware as using R8 manager on a 4.1 system or 5.0 etc results in the same issue as well as on R8, seen it a few times now :)

Andy, the same for 9500's (only tested these)

When i delete all users and then create new users and putting in new extension numbers for the extension results in 10, 11, 12 etc etc while they do not even exist on the system :)
After a reboot of the IPO they come back right.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Glad I am not going insane. I will open a case with Avaya.

Go to support website, they put 8.0(43) to solve the 54xx problem

We had the same issue last night. It affected both the 5420's and 5410's on expansion modules. Sure wish I had seen this thread a couple of days ago. Also, has anyone else had issues with this release affecting the PRI. We could not get the PRI and the IPO to sync after a reboot. We needed the CO to do a manual reboot after an IPO reboot to have the two sync up. It was required after every IPO reboot. We rolled back to 8.0.16 and the problem still exists. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. We even changed out all of the equipment. Yes, I am tired today. I feel like I did when we had newborns in the house.

Thanks for the input. Nice to see the quick turn around on my case.

We upgraded an IP500 last night from 5.0.18 directly to 8.0.42 and had the same issues with 5410's as well as a few 5420's. Along with these issues we experienced PRI problems as well. The PRI would not sync up until we had the provider central office tech take it out of service and put it back in. We thought it may have been a fluke until we had to reboot and the PRI went down again and we had to have the provider reset it two more times. This morning we noticed that the four analog trunks that we have coming into this system incase of a PRI fail are not showing caller ID though each line is set to LS CLID. We are now trying to wade through these issues and are fully aware that if we have a power outage or need a reboot that we will most likley lose our PRI. We have been an Avaya Partner since IPO's inception and I don't recall so many sporadic issues with one upgrade since the days of 3.XX. Anyone else have these PRI-CLID issues?? We have installed 100's of these bastards but this one is making our rear end a little sore.

Forgot to mention in the previous post that we replaced the PRI card and still had issues. 8.0.43 fixes set issues, great, what about the PRI and CLID issues? Step up Avaya, uncomplicate and listen to your partners, babysitting these systems is unsustainable.

Do not know about PRI Issue not even sure it is related to this version..

Have you opened a tkt with Avaya and they have told you that there is an issue with 8.0.x and PRI?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back