Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5340 soft keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordzorak

Technical User
Jul 2, 2008
US
We have around 20 5330 IP phones and 1 5340 IP phone. The 5340 has the top four rows with assigned functions. From what I can find out, these are soft keys. There should be 6 total on the 5340 and 3 on the 5330. However, none of our 5330 phones have these. We can assign all buttons to what we want.

I have been unable to find where you can change what soft keys are displayed or like the case of our 5330 phones, totally remove the soft keys. All the manuals I have or have found just calls them soft keys and I have been unable to find anything in the programming of the 5330 that modifies or removes them.

Does anyone have any advice on where to look to modify/remove the soft keys on the 5340 phone? That we do not have them on the 5330 when the manuals say they should have them, indicates it is possible. I just cannot find any reference to where that is.

Thanks in advance.

you cannot change how the softkeys perform as they are context specific based on what function might be available depending on what is happening with the phone.

Unfortunately, I cannot offer what might prevent them from displaying altogether.

Best bet? The SW on the system does not have the correct TFTP load for the 5330's

Verify we're taking about 5330 and not 5330e

Tell up the SW version of your system.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

The software version of the Mitel 5000 System Administration & Diagnostics is 5.0.16.0. Of the database, it is 5.0.4.62.

I cannot say yeah or nay, but I do not think that is it. I can go into the database programming, go to the keymap for the 5330, and bring up the popup window for editing it. On the left is a picture of the 5330 phone with the keys numbered. And no soft key area is displayed. All 11 push buttons on the left side of the display can be programmed and we program those keys without problem.

However, if I go to the keymap for the 5440, it does show the soft key area and the programmable keys are only numbered below that area.

Maybe not, but it would seem to me that if this was not the intended function, that the image on the keymap would be static and show the soft keys as unavailable to be programmed.

I could be wrong in this but I don't think this is some unintended bug we've stumbled upon. It feels intended.

Thanks for replying

There is no soft keys on 5330 phones on the MiVO250 (5000).
This is only on the 5340 & 5360.

On a MiVB (MCD) the 5330 phones have soft keys.

What you are seeing is normal on your system, maybe you have a manual for an incorrect system.

Agreed,

The Key mapping for the 5330 allows for all 11 keys per page to be programmed. 33 keys total as opposed to the 24 available on a 3300.

Exactly why you should tell us the system type with your original post.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back