Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5330IP not logging in correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2010
GB
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but occasionally I have phones that don't seem to login correctly. What happens is I click Hotdesk, then Login, enter the extension and the PIN, and the phone then changes to to say Logout, and receives calls to the Hotdesk extension, but it doesn't pull in the buttons that have been programmed for that extension, and the number on the display doesn't change to show the hotdesk extension number - it still shows the dummy extension number assigned to the device that it defaults to when logged out.

We're on a 3300 ICP system running software version 8.07.16-2. The 5330 says it's Release 1.2, Hardware Rev C.16. Strange thing is, this phone has worked for the past few years, and when I moved to a new desk, and repatched it, it displayed this behaviour. I have had it happen in the past on other phones and managed to get them working by plugging the phone into another port on the PoE switch (a stack of 3 HP Procurve 2626-PWR switches).

The fact it's my phone this time means I'm more inclined to find out why it's happening rather than just bodging a fix as you sometimes need to do to get users working quickly.

Thanks in advance

Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back