Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5300 series switch hook problem fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnniehec

Technical User
Aug 29, 2012
GB
I didn't realise how big a problem this was until I phoned a colleague at another business premises. "sorry I cut you off the switch on this phone (5320) is dodgy, slightest touch and it disconnects"
We have a large quantity of Mitel 5312 IP sets taken out of service because the users have reported no dialling tone or handset cutting off due to the receiver rest/handset switch hook not making a connection or disconnecting at the slightest touch. sending them away for repair is not cost effective and Mitel don't fix this as it's a mechanical fault and there's a fair chance a replacement will have the same problem. On investigation we found the design of the spring/fulcrum didn't allow the rubber pad to make a strong enough contact with the circuit board contacts due to the spring being too weak. We tried stretching the spring but this was not a permanent solution so hit upon the idea of fitting a second spring. This has cured the problem on these sets 100%. It just so happens that we have a large number of recovered old Superset 4025 telephones that happen to have the same spring so have a source of replacements. Does anyone know where we or anyone else could source a batch of these springs?

Thanks,
John.
IMG_5482_emnhj1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back